The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) began accepting tax returns on January 31 — the 2014 tax season has officially begun.
It’s a season of heartache and headache for many people. And the process can become only more painful if you delay filing your taxes until the last minute.
So do you qualify for FREE tax preparation services? If you made $58,000 or less in 2013, you just may!
Indy Free Tax Prep wants to help prepare your taxes. Indy Free Tax Prep is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) IRS program. In 2013, more than 6,000 tax returns were prepared for Indianapolis residents at no cost through this effort, resulting in more than $7.2M in tax refunds.
In order to qualify for free tax prep services, you must be able to provide all of the following information:
- Valid picture ID
- Social Security cards or ITIN cards for all persons on return
- Copy of last year’s tax return (not required, but helpful)
- W-2 forms for all employment during 2013
- Interest and dividend statements
- All 1099 forms received, including 1099 SSA from the Social Security Administration and unemployment statements
- Education expense receipts and 1098 form
- Child care receipts, along with provider’s address and Social Security number/employer identification number
- Real estate property tax receipts
- Landlord name and address
- Bank routing number and account number for direct deposit
Taxpayers receive 100% of their refunds with no fees or interest charged.
Since 2009, Coles Marketing has been helping to promote the VITA program in Indianapolis. For more information, visit IndyFREETaxPrep.com.
Find a site near you by calling 2-1-1 or checking the website. Also, “like” the Indy Free Tax Prep Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Indy-Free-Tax-Prep/568872853205588 and “follow” on Twitter at https://twitter.com/indyfreetaxprep.Edit this post
Categories: 2014 February Newsletter, Newsletters | Tags: Tags: Coles, Coles Marketing, Coles Marketing Communications, communications, communications Indianapolis, Indiana, Indiana public relations agency, Indianapolis, Indianapolis public relations, Indy Free Tax Prep, IRS, Public Relations Indianapolis, tax, Tax Prep, tax return, tax season, tax time, taxes, VITA
Click on the graphic for a larger view.Edit this post