Super Bowl XLIV (or 44) pits the AFC champion Indianapolis Colts against the NFC champion New Orleans Saints. It will be the first time since Super Bowl XXVIII that both number one seeds will face each other in the Super Bowl. It also marks the first time that two teams who play in an domed/retractable roof stadium will play each other in a Super Bowl.
How’s that for some excitement?:)
But with these super-sized offenses unfortunately come some super-sized scams. The Better Business Bureau says that scam artists look to take advantage of these high-emotion situations with fake Super Bowl ticket giveaways and travel packages.
Some tips for purchasing Super Bowl tickets include:
· Deal with a reputable, local company that has a track record with Bowl game packages and ticket sales.
· Research any company you might do business with at http://www.bbb.org/.
· Use a credit card or PayPal for your purchases as they offer additional protection if the offer falls short and provides a means to track your purchase.
· Make sure the Web site where you buy tickets is secure and reputable. Look for a seal of approval from the BBB or similar organizations.
In addition, the BBB encourages consumers to watch out for travel package deals that may “include” Super Bowl tickets. Package prices may be severely inflated to accommodate the purchase of tickets, while other aspects of the package may be below expectations.
Other tips for purchasing Super Bowl tour packages include:
· Get all the details in writing, including price, cancellation penalties and all of the other specifics of the package, including the name of the hotel, the airlines, etc.
· Verify that your travel package includes guaranteed tickets to the Super Bowl game.
· Independently verify your travel arrangements, including your flight and hotel reservations. Then, follow up with your travel promoter a few days before departure to confirm reservations.
Make sure your purchase is guaranteed — so that you can be guaranteed the Super Bowl experience of a lifetime.Edit this post