According to Data Never Sleeps 4.0, in the past five years, “The global Internet population has grown by more than 60%, and there are more mobile devices on the planet than people.”
- Americans use 18,264,840 megabytes of wireless data
- 3,567,850 text messages are sent in the U.S.
- Google translates 69,500,000 words
I guess you could say data is everywhere, being shared at a mind-boggling rate. And as more data is shared across a growing number of digital channels and social media platforms, it becomes more challenging to have your voice heard, your client’s brand noticed or your customer’s testimonial heard.
So what makes a good media story? And what makes that story stand out within the media buzz?
- Impacts people by solving a problem, providing an answer, generating an action or getting a conversation started about a topic
- Touches the audience on an emotional level, helping motivate people to spread the word to others
- Captures natural moments between people as well as the environment, evoking one or more of the senses
- Contains fair and balanced information, telling a factual and accurate account
- Revolves around a good character, a person who is a spokesperson for the story, offers a reflective testimonial and draws the audience in with his or her point of view
Make sure your story is one that can’t be overlooked … or forgotten.
Edit this post