You’re the one that I want! Star of the movie musical “Grease,” Grammy award winner Olivia Newton-John is getting her walking shoes ready for a special event taking place in downtown Indianapolis.
Newton-John will join Indianapolis Head Coach Chuck Pagano and his wife Tina to lead the Pink and Blue for Two “walk within the Mini-Marathon” on May 3.
They will take part in the Finish Line 500 Festival 5K and walk to raise awareness for Pink and Blue for Two. The Coles team is helping promote the event and the cause with Newton-John’s nephew, Emerson, a race car driver.
Pink and Blue for Two’s mission is threefold:
- Raise awareness of both breast and prostate cancers and their similarities
- Urge couples and family members to remind one another of annual screenings
- Educate people on the importance of overall mind, body and spirit wellness
Coach Pagano was forced to take a leave of absence from the Indianapolis Colts after being diagnosed with acute promyelocytic leukemia, a cancer of the blood and bone marrow cells. He beat cancer after treatment and grueling rounds of chemotherapy.
“When I was approached to take part in the Pink and Blue for Two Walk in Indy, I was honored,” Pagano said. “With the support of my family, the team and fans everywhere, I beat cancer. The Pink and Blue for Two campaign embraces that spirit.”
“I am thrilled to have Coach Chuck and his wife Tina leading the Pink and Blue for Two Walk,” Newton-John said. “We cannot think of a better Indy-based couple to lead this walk with us representing Pink and Blue. We hope the city and its loyal NFL fans embrace Pink and Blue for Two and will stand with us together to bring the desperately-needed attention to the ‘blue’ (prostate) side of the campaign.”
Want to take part in the walk and join Olivia and Chuck to raise awareness? Sign up today for the Pink and Blue for Two Walk here!
Step out and join the cause on May 3, 2014. Screen Together. Live Together!
Edit this post
Categories: 2014 March Newsletter, Newsletters | Tags: Tags: 500 Festival, 5K, agency, Breast Cancer, cancer, cancer awareness, Chuck Pagano, Coles, Coles Marketing, Coles Marketing Communications, Colts, Colts coach, communications, communications Indianapolis, Emerson Newton-John, Finish Line 500 Festival 5K, Indiana, Indiana public relations agency, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, Indianapolis public relations, leukemia, media relations, Mini-Marathon, Newton-John, Olivia Newton-John, PB42, Pink and Blue, Pink and Blue for Two, Pink and Blue for Two Walk, prostate cancer, Public Relations, Public Relations Indianapolis, walk
Super Bowl XLIV (or 44) pits the AFC champion Indianapolis Colts against the NFC champion New Orleans Saints. It will be the first time since Super Bowl XXVIII that both number one seeds will face each other in the Super Bowl. It also marks the first time that two teams who play in an domed/retractable roof stadium will play each other in a Super Bowl.
How’s that for some excitement?:)
But with these super-sized offenses unfortunately come some super-sized scams. The Better Business Bureau says that scam artists look to take advantage of these high-emotion situations with fake Super Bowl ticket giveaways and travel packages.
Some tips for purchasing Super Bowl tickets include:
· Deal with a reputable, local company that has a track record with Bowl game packages and ticket sales.
· Research any company you might do business with at http://www.bbb.org/.
· Use a credit card or PayPal for your purchases as they offer additional protection if the offer falls short and provides a means to track your purchase.
· Make sure the Web site where you buy tickets is secure and reputable. Look for a seal of approval from the BBB or similar organizations.
In addition, the BBB encourages consumers to watch out for travel package deals that may “include” Super Bowl tickets. Package prices may be severely inflated to accommodate the purchase of tickets, while other aspects of the package may be below expectations.
Other tips for purchasing Super Bowl tour packages include:
· Get all the details in writing, including price, cancellation penalties and all of the other specifics of the package, including the name of the hotel, the airlines, etc.
· Verify that your travel package includes guaranteed tickets to the Super Bowl game.
· Independently verify your travel arrangements, including your flight and hotel reservations. Then, follow up with your travel promoter a few days before departure to confirm reservations.
Make sure your purchase is guaranteed — so that you can be guaranteed the Super Bowl experience of a lifetime.Edit this post